Thanksgiving is just around the corner! I LOVE this time of year. Spending time with my family is my absolute favorite thing about the holidays. However, the food is a close second. Most holiday dishes are quite indulgent (which I am all for) but it is also nice to have some lighter, healthy options as well. This salad is so delicious, has all the flavors of fall and is the perfect side dish for your Thanksgiving dinner.
- 6 cups arugula
- 3 apples, thinly sliced
- 6 figs (fresh or dried), chopped
- 3 oz thinly sliced prosciutto, torn into pieces
- 3 oz goat cheese, coarsely crumbled
- 1/2 cup candied pecans
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- Balsamic vinaigrette (recipe below)
Place the arugula in a large salad bowl. Top with apples, figs, prosciutto, goat cheese, candied pecans and pomegranate seeds. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss before serving.
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbsp shallots, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
To make the dressing, whisk together balsamic vinegar, shallots and honey. Then gradually whisk in the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.