This is one of my favorite salads! I have been ordering this salad at Green Street Cafe in Pasadena for as along as I can remember. I decided to recreate my own version of this salad. It is packed with tons color and flavor and is perfect for springtime. I usually have majority of these ingredients on hand so it’s a super easy weeknight meal that comes together quickly and is healthy and filling. Plus it’s a great way to use leftover chicken.
- 10 cups mixed greens
- 2 cups shredded chicken (rotisserie or leftover chicken)
- 2 cups mandarin oranges
- 2 granny smith apples, chopped
- 5 scallions, sliced
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- Citrus Vinaigrette (recipe below)
In a large serving bowl, add all the ingredients and then toss in the citrus vinaigrette. Serve and enjoy!
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1 tsp orange zest
- 1 tbsp minced shallot
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of pepper
Add all ingredients to a mason jar. Then tighten the lid and shake until everything is combined.